• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Would like to join your GT/CS "family"

joedls

tworings

joedls said:
What time do you guys plan on getting there? I may try to make it with my convertible.

I hope to get there on the early side. I think they said you can't line up until 3:00p.m. Are you interested in a registration sheet for the Labor Day Cruise at the OC Fairgrounds?

marie68csmustangs

LUVMYCS said:
Marie is your friend on this site? I'd like to see pics of the cars!

Maybe one day you can get your friend to sell you one! LOL

Yeah, He is on this site :)) Yeah, and I bet he won't be selling me one of his cars.. I'm pretty sure that His kids want them.. He has 3 of them...

Marie

marie68csmustangs

Diesel Donna said:
Marie that would be great if only we weren't several hundred miles away from each other and didn't have such huge gas guzzlers!

Yeah, Tim's firetruck is a real gas guzzler! probably be a pretty big gas bill to bring the firetruck.. But it would be a pretty neat picture..

Marie

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
What time do you guys plan on getting there? I may try to make it with my convertible.

I plan on getting there early too, am bringing the CS and the ambulance.

~~~~Donna

joedls

tworings said:
I hope to get there on the early side. I think they said you can't line up until 3:00p.m. Are you interested in a registration sheet for the Labor Day Cruise at the OC Fairgrounds?

Sure, bring one along. I don't know what we (meaning my wife) have planned yet.

BroadwayBlue

Yeah another East Coast CS Owner!!!

Welcome Amy!!!

Glad to see another Northeastern US CS Owner!!
Where in NJ are you?
I'm in Dutchess County NY and work in Westchester County, NY.

As someone said could we get a Northeast get together going?

I noticed you had Peapack, NJ listed. Never heard of that but it looks like you're about 1:40 from me (with no traffic).

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

Hi BroadwayBlue
Sounds like a great idea to have a Northeast CS get together! I'm not sure how far I am from you, I don't know where Dutchess County is. I've heard of it but not sure how far from me it is. I live near Morristown, Bernardsville- some bigger towns that you may have heard of. One hour and 40 minutes isn't that far though. Does anyone know how many people from the site live on the east coast? I know there's a lot more CS owners on the west coast and central US but I was curious how many registered CSs are out here?

BroadwayBlue

LUVMYCS said:
Hi BroadwayBlue
Sounds like a great idea to have a Northeast CS get together! I'm not sure how far I am from you, I don't know where Dutchess County is. I've heard of it but not sure how far from me it is. I live near Morristown, Bernardsville- some bigger towns that you may have heard of. One hour and 40 minutes isn't that far though. Does anyone know how many people from the site live on the east coast? I know there's a lot more CS owners on the west coast and central US but I was curious how many registered CSs are out here?

Hi LUV...
We're growing - slowly but we're growing.
Do you know where Bear Mtn State Park is? There is a huge cruise there every Wed night. It looks like it might be almost 1/2 way between us but maybe a little closer to me.

There is a Member Map link at the top of the page but not everyone fills in there info.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

BroadwayBlue said:
Hi LUV...
We're growing - slowly but we're growing.
Do you know where Bear Mtn State Park is? There is a huge cruise there every Wed night. It looks like it might be almost 1/2 way between us but maybe a little closer to me.

There is a Member Map link at the top of the page but not everyone fills in there info.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php

I've heard of Bear Mtn State Park, but I don't know where it is. My car won't be ready for a road trip until probably the fall. My husband just ordered the parts it needs and I hope to put it in the shop in the next week or 2. Weekend trips are better cause weekdays are real busy. Let me know if there are any shows in the area in the fall. I would like to meet the group on the east coast (for starts)!

That map is pretty cool!

BroadwayBlue

LUVMYCS said:
I've heard of Bear Mtn State Park, but I don't know where it is. My car won't be ready for a road trip until probably the fall. My husband just ordered the parts it needs and I hope to put it in the shop in the next week or 2. Weekend trips are better cause weekdays are real busy. Let me know if there are any shows in the area in the fall. I would like to meet the group on the east coast (for starts)!

That map is pretty cool!

Let's keep in touch via email or Private Message through the site. I'll send you my info and maybe we can meet up some time. There are a few cruises and shows around coming up. There is a cruise Saturday in Jersey at a place called Chatterbox http://www.chatterboxdrivein.com/ that looks like it's about 90 minutes from me. A few in Orange County, NY and Rockland County as well - those might be good meeting spots too.

Here are some websites with cruises in the NY/NJ area.
http://www.popyourhood.com/
http://www.tristatecarclubs.com/
There are links off of these sites to other sites as well.

I'm sure we can find someplace in between and maybe convince some others to join us. I hear the Garden State Region Mustang Club is pretty good.
http://www.gsrmc.org/

P.S.
By the way ... do people from New Jersey call New Jersey ... "Jersey"?
Or is that a NY thing. I mean we don't call New York, "York".

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

P.S.
Or is that a NY thing. I mean we don't call New York, "York".[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually we call it Joisey! LOL! I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about our accents. New Jersey is the only state that you can leave off the "New".
York and Hampshire just doesn't work!

BroadwayBlue

LUVMYCS said:
P.S.

Yes, actually we call it Joisey! LOL! I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about our accents. New Jersey is the only state that you can leave off the "New".
York and Hampshire just doesn't work![/quote]

LOL! :grin: Well at least I didn't ask you "what exit?"

Accents? In Jersey? No way ... we don't have that problem in New Yawk. Ya know like Da Bronx? The only town you can name with "the" in front of it. I'm going to The Bronx. I'm never going to The Manhattan or The Brooklyn.

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

Rich- Also thanks for the links. Looks like some good shows in the area! Hopefully this fall we can meet up! I would like to go to The Chatterbox, it's a little over an hour from me. Maybe we could meet up there one Sat. and possibly get some others in our area to meet there!

Have you ever been to Englishtown? I used to hang out there a lot in my younger days, my boyfriend (now my husband) and I both owned classic Mustangs and we spent all our time and money at the shows and swap-meets there. My new CS hobby makes me feel like a kid again!

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

BroadwayBlue said:
York and Hampshire just doesn't work!

LOL! :grin: Well at least I didn't ask you "what exit?"

Accents? In Jersey? No way ... we don't have that problem in New Yawk. Ya know like Da Bronx? The only town you can name with "the" in front of it. I'm going to The Bronx. I'm never going to The Manhattan or The Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! New Yawkers are cool! So are Joiseyians! So is everyone that owns a CS or HCS for that matter! Especially a highland green one!!::kiss:

Diesel Donna

BroadwayBlue said:
P.S.

And by the way...Rich's CS came from NEW Mexico not MEXICO!!! :grin: :rofl: