• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

January Barrett-Jackson

coloradoHCS

I noticed that in January in AZ a Cal Spe will be auctioned at no reserve. It is a 302/auto in Sea Foam Green. Lot number is 419. It is "fully restored". Looks like Shelby wheels though.
Mark.

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

I was hoping to take a friends 66 Impala with 2100 original miles but they are booked for January. I may go to Kruse International here in Denver in the summer. It will be interesting to see what the CS goes for in AZ. I hope that sale makes the highlights on the Speed channel. I would love to hear the comentary, Mark.

390cs68rcode

let's hope we hear...........

Newsflash from the floor of the Barrett Jackson......CS sells for record amount because of the EXTREME rarity! 152,000.

:p

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I live 15 minutes from the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, so if people are coming out we should go grab a beer some night or meet at the auction. PM or email me if you'll be in town.

390cs68rcode

PLEASE put a thread up about a week or two before the auction. I have 10 million little things to remember and want to make sure I remember this one.

rvrtrash

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=2251;start=0#msg15499 date=1129419490]
I live 15 minutes from the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, so if people are coming out we should go grab a beer some night or meet at the auction. PM or email me if you'll be in town.
[/quote]

Sounds to me like we just figured out where our first GT/CS get together is going to be held. I could probably be convinced to fly in for the weekend. How about you Hook? You up for it?
Steve

hookedtrout

Hard to say what I'll be doing in January. I do have some great friends in Phoenix so I have room and board all paid ahead if I decide to go. I'll have to see if they are going to be around at that time.

Right now I'm in the middle of a possible promotion so my schedule and work direction may take a sudden turn, for the better, I think?

Cory

rvrtrash

Well good luck on the promotion Cory! Since Barrett-Jackson is a week long event, was everyone going to be there for a specific day(s) or the whole thing?
Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Ummmm...I just remembered that my wife is due with Admin Jr. #2 on Jan 20th. :eek: But....the hospital is even closer to the auction than my house! ;D

So needless to say, my schedule is a little up in the air for that week.

Mosesatm

If the house won't work how about Bill's Beer and Bait Shop's party truck?

It's an old truck that has been converted into a traveling bar, complete with a modified Johnson outboard motor margarita mixer. It's a little expensive at $1000 per day but if you tell Bill you know Arlie and Barb (especially Barb) he'll cut the price.

http://www.billsbeerandbaitshop.com/

PFSlim

This is very intersting. I hope someone will post the results of the sale on the site. I will be really curious to see what it goes for.

Paul

CalPaul

Does anyone know if this is the first CS auctioned off at a major auction house?

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

I have watched these auction results closely over the last few years and have seen California Specials go across the block in the mid teens. The summary gives no detail to the cars condition. I have never seen one of ours on the highlights broadcast on Speed Channel. I have never seen results of a HCS car being auctioned. I will review archieves of Barrett-Jacksion and Kruse and let you all know what I find, Mark.

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

There has not been much activity at the 2 major auction houses lately for our cars.

At BJ in 2001 a 1968 HCS sold for $6696. No word on condition. In 1998 a 1968 HCS had a high bid of $9000, not sold. In 1999 a 1968 HCS had a high bid of $13,500, not sold.

At KI in 1998 a 1968 HCS had a high bid of 12,500, not sold, codition no. 2. In 2003 a GTCS had a high bid of 21,000, not sold , Condition not stated. In 2000 two GTCS's went to auction. one sold for $9000 and one had a high bid of $9000, not sold.

Mark.

Hard to say what any of this means today as the true condition and options on the car are not listed.

jc68gtcs

I'm thinking that the color should increase the rarity of this CS. Mine is also Seafoam Green and in Paul's last registry, I could only find 22 of them. I was really excited when I found only one other like mine with a 302 Top Loader and Air.. Sure would be great to see some big numbers.. GO GT/CS !!!