• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

aemoo28

Amy, this was yesterday and yes, Ron is a great guy :)

Cory, Indeed we can get a few members together when you come. Count on some memorable driving and fellowship! Give me some firm dates as soon as possible so that I will know how much red carpet to order!

Ron is about an hour away as is Renee :) My new books will be here for you to sign as well.

Tim, I have an idea. Name your weekend, and if the airfare is good and Rob/Val/Cory can come too, we can bring our books to sign. BUT only if we can have a CS parade with Ron and Renee and all your cars. I want to see that Stevenson CS that Paul wouldn't trade a vintage Cartier watch for!

aemoo28

Tim,

I can't thank you enough for your hospitality and especially for the great cruise you and T.J. took us on. Joe had a smile on his face the entire drive and just couldn't believe that someone he had just met would give him the keys to a 428 Mach 1 and let him take it for a drive. I am very happy that Joe is the one that bought my CS and I know that he will put her back together and make me proud. It was a very memorable weekend and you and T.J. were a big part in making it so great.

I will see you next month for the Roamin Angels show. I am really looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Ron

Uh hello Ron!

We just met and you offered me your new Expedition to tow Satan home 3 states away! Then I just met you and left my new old CS with you to drive home 3 states. It must be a "whomever has a Special may be trusted" thing with all of us.

robert campbell

Old guy is cornfused!! Is there a gathering happenin?? I want to be there!!! and I do remember Philly guys at PSNS. And our Chief Pilot in the Northwest is from Richmond!!

rob

aemoo28

Arlie, you talking about the NW get together Sept 19-20th?

Tim, I was talking about coming down there some time if the price for flight is right this summer. You get some people together down there.

WEST COAST PARTY!!

hookedtrout

Right now my plan is to spend September 27th with Tim in Grass Valley.

The only way that day will change is if the Idaho weather messes up the Spud Harvest and pushes it back a week, then it would be the following Sunday. I plan to contact the school district today to see if the harvest vacation is still on schedule for the last week of September and first week of October.

We will be on our way down to Los Gatos, CS to visit my dad and we are planning on being to Grass Valley the evening of September 26th around fiveish and making contact with Tim and family and then spending the next day doing what ever Tim would like for us to do, sit under a nice shady tree and shoot the breeze or what ever, we are very easy to please.

Monday we will head out on down to Los Gatos for our visit.

Cory

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Cory,
We are looking forward to that. Perhaps Ron, Renee, Robert "Sarge" and anyone else can join us for a nice drive to an eatery or BBQ here on Sunday. Count on relaxation and fellowship in motorized chairs with stripes and dome lights for comfortable reading and book signing ;-)

Attachments

• DSC_0438.jpg
    DSC_0438.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 39

clubpro

Amy,

When family is in need we have to step up and do whatever we can to help. The CS & HCS family is very important to me.

By the way Virgin America has a rate of $49 from Seattle to San Francisco click below:

http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.ashx?638973-23784857

Sounds like we are going to have a great time with a lot of great people and their cars. Joe might have to make another flight out to join us.

PARTY AT TIM'S PLACE!!!

Cheers,

Ron

PonyGal

Tim & Cory,

I wouldn't miss it for the world!! Count on me and the Foster-Stevenson GTCS to be there!!!

pnsy56shop

Ron, You know how much I would love to come back out for another great cruise but my wife ... We'll have to make plans for the spring it would be great to meet a bunch of the other GT/CS owners.:grin:

aemoo28

Sept 19-20 is the Yakima show over here, and the NW get together sometime during the week of 21st.

When is this party at Tim's?

Wow that is great airfare, Ron.

franklinair

1.) Is anyone living east of the Mississippi invited?
2.) How far (driving) from SFO? To Grass Valley?
3.) Available motels?

Neil

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

1.) Is anyone living east of the Mississippi invited?
2.) How far (driving) from SFO? To Grass Valley?
3.) Available motels?

Neil

Neil, Yes!
SFO is almost 4 hours. SMA (Sacramento Metro Airport) is less than 1 hour! There is a nice and inexpensive motel less than a mile from my house. Alta Sierra Village Inn:(530) 273-9102. There is also a Holiday Inn Express (7-miles) in Grass Valley. (530) 477-1700.

Boy, what a great "book signing" driving and sight seeing this can be! Now we just need Donna to show me how she made that killer country breakfast :)

clubpro

Neil,

My number 1 customer is always welcome to stay at my house and we can drive up to Tim's place together. SFO is a little over 2 hours from my place depending on traffic and then we are about an hour away from Tim's place. We could even swing by Renee's on the way and caravan up to Tim's.

Cheers,

Ron