• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

hookedtrout

Tim, there seems to be some Clydesdale thing going on that weekend and the hotel you suggested has no room for Saturday. Is Auburn or Nevada City a better option, most everything in Grass Valley is booked for Saturday. Small town is better for me if it's an option. Any other options you would suggest. I have expedia pulled up and there are openings in both Auburn and N.C.

Cory

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Yes, apparently that's the weekend of the annual Draft Horse Classic at the fairgrounds. There are some nice hotel/ motels along Interstate 80 in north Auburn. The ones up here are indeed booked as you say...

Try Auburn which is about 15 miles from here. Neil and I will come down in a couple of GT/CSs on the morning of the 27th and bring you up here.

hookedtrout

Yes, apparently that's the weekend of the annual Draft Horse Classic at the fairgrounds. There are some nice hotel/ motels along Interstate 80 in north Auburn. The ones up here are indeed booked as you say...

Try Auburn which is about 15 miles from here. Neil and I will come down in a couple of GT/CSs on the morning of the 27th and bring you up here.

Ok, I'll book something in Auburn.

Cory

franklinair

My reservation is @ the Alta Sierre Village, 11858 Tammy Way, for 9-25,26,27. They said they had one more room left (a suite) for those dates.

Neil

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Nevada City Inn is nice. I'm surprised they had a vacancy. It's on Zion St. Right? We put a bunch of AirFest pilots there a few years ago. They loved it.

As Neil said, Alta Sierra had the one suite available, but it was $170 per night...

It would be fun to get Renee, Ron, Neil, "Sarge" and anyone else to meet here & take you for breakfast before coming here. No heavy plans, just some quality Good Time :)

hookedtrout

...Nevada City Inn is nice. I'm surprised they had a vacancy. It's on Zion St. Right? We put a bunch of AirFest pilots there a few years ago. They loved it.

As Neil said, Alta Sierra had the one suite available, but it was $170 per night...

It would be fun to get Renee, Ron, Neil, "Sarge" and anyone else to meet here & take you for breakfast before coming here. No heavy plans, just some quality Good Time :)

Your last sentence confused me, do you want to meet at your house and go to breakfast Sunday morning or meet me in Nevada City and go to breakfast? We should be in around 6ish Saturday evening, we will give you a call once we get to the Hotel and make plans from there.

Cory

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...GOOD NEWS! Rob's coming!

:)

Attachments

• IM002424.jpg
    IM002424.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 24

franklinair

ALLRIGHT!!
Now all we have to do is coerce Amy & mechanicalguy, and the NW gang would be nicely represented.

Neil

PonyGal

Yippie!!!!! I finally get to meet Rob!!! I am so glad you are going to come!!!! I can't wait!!!

Hey Tim, This is turning into quite the gathering!

CougarCJ

Sure sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun. Wish I was attending, I need to check some fundage. It would be over 400 miles each way. Hmm, need to ponder on this one.