• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. West coast bbq/gathering - JUNE 22-24, 2012

Sarge

Mike,

I should be there on Saturday. I have it planned, but probably will not stay overnight.

Robert

DeadStang

Does anyone know what else is going on at the show? I know at least one day is a concours judged event, but are they doing a Pony Trails or a people's choice day? It's an 8-hour drive down and I'd be game for a road trip, but my car isn't something you'd "show" at a big event. Anyone else thinking of driving down I-5 from north?

Ruppstang

Tari and I are will be driving our 68 fastback 1650 miles on I80 west. I wish we could bring our HCS but a $2K trailer trip would be too much for us.

Deadstang the MCA has classes for every level of Mustang. A lot of people think it is all concours but there is Ocasionaly driven, Daily driven, Modified and even Display only. The main thing is to have fun regardless what class you might choose. I think I under stand from Mike that they may park all the CS/GT and HCS together. It looks like they will have a pony trail on Friday. Hope you can come. Marty

joedls

I'll be there Saturday. I need to leave Sunday early, though. My daughter is performing in Charlotte's Web. She's Templeton the Rat.

TraveledGTCS

Guess I'd better add my name to the list attending. I will be leaving the Tacoma, WA, area Tuesday with a couple other friends with Mustangs from Canada, a 67 Coupe and a 68 Coupe, and amble on down I-5. We will be stopping at Roseburg Tuesday night, then stopping at Redding for Wednesday night. Then we will show up Thursday in Concord for the weekend. We're all retired so there's no rush, will do some sight seeing on the way down and back also. Going up 101 on the way back. After the show they are going to go to Tiburon for a couple nights, and I will meet them at Cloverdale.

Bill

franklinair

We're looking forward to our gathering. Airline reservations made (ATL to SFO) car rental arranged, hotel reservations made (on site). We'll see one & all next week.

Neil & Peggy

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

YES, we are still having the BBQ. All is taken care of unless you want to donate a 20# sack of $100 dollar bills. LOL. Just be there Joe, Look forward to seeing you again.

Midnight Special

...Sadly, it's now looking like I won't be making it at all. Very busy with work, meetings, printing and promoting our upcoming air show. there has just been no time to appropriately prepare cars. TJ has also started a new business and is moving into his own building, so his plate is full as well.

We are definitely looking forward to updates and photos from all of you with deep respect and appreciation for Mike and all of your dedication!

www.auburnairfair.org

franklinair

Bummer, Tim :-(
Can't do a day trip? I'll miss seeing you.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Wow, Bummer. You don't have to bring a GT/CS to attend. Hope you can find some time to make it.

Batgirl89

Time in nearing for the Concord, Ca. MCA show. I would like to get a headcount for the folks who are planning to attend the show. We are planning to have Tri-Tip Sandwiches, and what ever else folks would like. Sodas, Beer (if allowed on the field) etc. burgers, hot dogs, etc. Give me some ideas. So, let me know how many you will have in your party so we don't run out. We only have about seven weeks. Hope to see as many GT/CS-HCS owners there. Friday is the set up and Meet and Greet, Saturday, June 23rd is the date for the main show, and the BBQ. Sunday is the Awards. Thanks.

I have Jon Hanna, Midnight Special and crew, Rob Campbell, Pony Gal, Marty Rupp and wife, Bob Teets and his friend HCS owner Russ Stearns, Neil Hoppe and his wife. I hope to see Doug Courtney, Bryan Hagglund, Joe DeLos Santos, Guyman, batgirl and Ron Moore there. Who have I missed?

Mike,
hubby has to works on sat. so we are planning on coming on sunday. Im bummed we are going to miss the BBQ. But Im hope we get up there to meet everyone.
Sheryl (aka Batgirl)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I can't believe how fast this trip has come up. :eek: We've been crazy busy at work for months and it's definitely made the time fly by.

I'm flying in to Oakland about 4:00 on Friday afternoon. Anyone have suggestions on transport from the airport to the Crowne Plaza hotel? I'm thinking Supershuttle probably. Or maybe the BART?

franklinair

Peggy & I are heading out now: Going to Atlanta for our flight on Thursday, arriving SFO about noon. Driving to Concord, so we should get there Thurs, late afternoon.

Neil

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I can't believe how fast this trip has come up. :eek: We've been crazy busy at work for months and it's definitely made the time fly by.

I'm flying in to Oakland about 4:00 on Friday afternoon. Anyone have suggestions on transport from the airport to the Crowne Plaza hotel? I'm thinking Supershuttle probably. Or maybe the BART?

I wouldn't take BART. Try the Supershuttle. I will be arriving about noon on Friday. Lots to set up.

Sarge

I plan on heading down tomorrow am, but haven't registered my GT/CS, and wouldn't park it unattended for several hours. Anybody need me to bring anything, like chairs, coolers, etc? :wink:

Robert

Batgirl89

We are going to make it sat too (john got a trade so we could make it sat instead of sunday)

my question too. What can we bring? and can we park our cars in near/with us? at the good guys show in Pleasanton last month a few show goers returned to the parking lot after being at the show and their nice cars were GONE!
Sheryl