• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. West coast bbq/gathering - JUNE 22-24, 2012

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

If you buy beer please make sure it's not that awful brown stuff Rob drinks!!!:wink:

If Beer is allowed on the show field, there WILL be MGD, and what ever else folks like. If Doug comes, Maybe he can bring some of those Great Beers his Co. distributes. He gave me some at SAAC35 that was the closest I have ever found to Lowenbreu. Great Stuff. What do you want on hand Arlie?

robert campbell

Arlie is yanking your chain and teasing me. He is not fond of the dark, thick, robust, beer that Rob prefers at home!! And Rob is just happy with MGD!!

As this gets closer let us know if we can donate any more. This should not be a burden on you and your family!!

Rob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Which airport would be best to fly into? Sacramento or Oakland? Pricing looks to be the same, so whichever is closer.

franklinair

I'm planning on flying into SFO from Atlanta. Fare's about $200 less, round trip.

Neil

aemoo28

ROB-whatever you can't fit into your Mustang we can throw into my Explorer. CASES of beer, YESSIREE.

Regarding SAAC-35.. it was AMAZING to have Mike and Co host dinnners, snacks, liquids, and a great place to form our CS group.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Have you Registered for the Show?

Hi Folks, Just heard from Otto Werlin at MCA show. The fifth Wheel spot is secured, Thanks to the generous donations from folks here. He advised if you are planning to bring your car for the show, you need to register soon, they are already half booked.

As far as future donations, they are always welcome. The more we receive, the more FOOD and DRINK we can have.

Hope to see a lot of you folks there. Be sure to bring your appetite and a chair. we hope to have the rest.

franklinair

I just completed our reservations for the west coast gathering; Flying ATL-SFO on Thursday, June 21. Driving to Concord that day. Hotel reservation made & confirmed @ the Crowne Plaza in Concord, arriving Thursday early evening. Leaving Monday, June 25. Driving back to SFO for flite to ATL. ALLRIGHT!!

Neil & Peggy

aemoo28

Liv and I may join you at that hotel, Neil. It will be great to see you and Peggy again. Looking at the Concord Hotel. We'll be driving down from Wa. This is sounding like a great event!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Looking at hotel reservations now. Sounds like Neil, Peggy and maybe Amy will be at the Crowne Plaza. Sounds good to me unless anyone has a better suggestion.

How about transportation? How close is the show to the hotel? Is there a need to rent a car or can I rely on hotel shuttles and bumming rides off people? :grin: How

Amy, traveling with a 3 month old will be fine. It's actually one of the best times because they sleep so much. It just gets harder as they get older and more mobile. :wink:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

The Crown Plaza Hotel is approximatley 100 feet from the show field. I don't think a car will be necessary. LOL Glad you can make it.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Ha! I didn't realize the show was at the hotel! I guess I should have clicked on the link you put in the very first post: http://www.goldengatemustangnational.com/

OK, hotel reservations made. FYI, the nightly rates are slightly better if you go through the Golden Gate Mustang page.

PonyGal

I have also made my reservation at the Crown Plaza for Friday and Saturday nights. Just need to register the Special for the show.

Guyman

Unfortunatly., my '68 GT/CS or HCS will not be making the trip to the MCA Concord show., but I will be trailering my '68 1/2 CJ Fastback to the event. It's a drag-pack car (ex drag car) and it just can't handle the trip with the 3.91 posi! Took it for a small jaunt on the highway the other day to see how she would do....naaahhhh..only took a mile to convince me to buy a car trailer to go to shows...too bad too...wanted to drive the thing. Will have to seek out the GT/CS owners. See you guys there.

Guyman

Got my reservations for The Concord show...will try to find you guys there. I am bringing my 68 1/2 CJ. Would bring the HCS or GT/CS but they are not worthy of any car show yet! Specially an MCA show. Look for my White 68 CJ Fastback....and I will have my 4 month old daughter with me that is due out into this world next month! Cheers

CougarCJ

Unfortunatly., my '68 GT/CS or HCS will not be making the trip to the MCA Concord show., but I will be trailering my '68 1/2 CJ Fastback to the event. It's a drag-pack car (ex drag car) and it just can't handle the trip with the 3.91 posi! Took it for a small jaunt on the highway the other day to see how she would do....naaahhhh..only took a mile to convince me to buy a car trailer to go to shows...too bad too...wanted to drive the thing. Will have to seek out the GT/CS owners. See you guys there.

Is this one of the "50"?

aemoo28

We won't be able to make it to the show. On bedrest til delivery (March), and not working equals no $$ for 6 months. Will be thinking of you all and wishing you loads of fun! CS get togethers are always the bomb.

Please post photos!!

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Bummer

Amy, That is a real bummer. You will be truly missed. Yours and Olives health is far more important than any get together. You take care of yourself first and foremost. We will be online during the event and will keep you posted and in touch. Mike

Batgirl89

Amy,
was looking forward to meeting you and Olive, but there will be more events. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. (& try not to go crazy on bed rest ) that means no working on the car either!
Sheryl

Guyman

(Classic Cougar)...no, not one of the "fifty"., but it does have a lot of drag history. It is a drag pak car and it was bought to be driven. Has a tad over 10K orig. miles on it now. Been in contact with the dragways it raced at and the original owner....nice guy...now 73!

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Need a Headcount for Concord.

Time in nearing for the Concord, Ca. MCA show. I would like to get a headcount for the folks who are planning to attend the show. We are planning to have Tri-Tip Sandwiches, and what ever else folks would like. Sodas, Beer (if allowed on the field) etc. burgers, hot dogs, etc. Give me some ideas. So, let me know how many you will have in your party so we don't run out. We only have about seven weeks. Hope to see as many GT/CS-HCS owners there. Friday is the set up and Meet and Greet, Saturday, June 23rd is the date for the main show, and the BBQ. Sunday is the Awards. Thanks.

I have Jon Hanna, Midnight Special and crew, Rob Campbell, Pony Gal, Marty Rupp and wife, Bob Teets and his friend HCS owner Russ Stearns, Neil Hoppe and his wife. I hope to see Doug Courtney, Bryan Hagglund, Joe DeLos Santos, Guyman, batgirl and Ron Moore there. Who have I missed?