• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Roll call

franklinair

I keep mine in my 'work' hangar. When I'm not working on an airplane, I get to play with my CS.

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 147.jpg
    Green GTCS 147.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Green GTCS 148.jpg
    Green GTCS 148.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 35

Russ

Mike,
Both of my GT/CS Mustangs are put away for the winter. We recently took both cars to a show in Sedona, AZ where I took photos of the lime gold car for the GT/CS calendar.

The highland green car is a MCA national concourse gold car which I drive and enjoy. I feel once the car reaches "gold" status, it is time to use the cars and not just show them.
It is a 289, C-code car that was restored from the ground up. It has been featured in the December 2005 issue of "Mustang Monthly" and still shows quite well.

The lime gold car took an MCA concourse silver award at Virginia Beach and a gold at Ashville, NC in 2010. This car was recovered from a wrecking yard in Flagstaff, AZ 15 years ago and underwent a complete restoration. It is a J-Code car with many options. My wife and I are going to take this car to the MCA national in St. George, UT and Concord, CA in 2012.

Much of my time has been taken up by the Model T Ford Club International, where I have been "promoted" as the chief judge of the club. I have rewritten the judging guidelines and have implemented certified judge testing, which mirrors the MCA judge testing program.

I hope to see many of the sites members at the two shows in 2012.

Russ

(I also threw in a photo of my 1968 GT "driver", which was taken on US 66 (note the Burma Shave sign)).

Attachments

• 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 251.jpg
    251.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 443.jpg
    443.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_4390.jpg
    100_4390.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

robert campbell

Mike,
Great thread!!!!

Our GNS or whatever it is in 1989. Yup she was blue one time.

DSCN8462.jpg

Arlie visit!!

DSCN6985.jpg

DSCN6986.jpg

No garage at this time:

DSCN6987.jpg

The "Godfather" at my lake barbeque!!

DSCN7074.jpg

classicsguy

My 1968 GT/CS is a C-code auto with the rare Pebble Beige factory color is undergoing restoration at a Mustang Specialized shop in Pa and it will be painted the original color. It will be a "driver restoration" but the owner of the resto shop told me that once its finished"You will be proud to own this car"

tworings

Buttercup is ready to go! Next outing should be the John Force Holiday Show in December. It's a long car show season in Sunny Southern California!

Attachments

• Buttercup 10-30-11.jpg
    Buttercup 10-30-11.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 28

franklinair

Boy, would that look GREAT with the black hood stripes. I had considered doing it on mine, and had I not sold it, they'd be on it now.

Neil

limelyt

We pretty much drive her to all the shows we can find in the summer months. Some of the longer distance shows were – Helena MO (610 miles), Saskatoon SK(613 miles), Spokane WA (691 miles), Billings MO( 873 miles and Seattle WA(1138 miles) and she drove to all of them. We finished the full restoration in 2007. There are chips in the paint and bugs in the rad, but we built it to drive and enjoy. The next long travel will be Winnipeg MA for the Mustang International (1327 miles)

Attachments

• Mixed 350.jpg
    Mixed 350.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Mixed 065.jpg
    Mixed 065.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 25
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 22
  • us and car.jpg
    us and car.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 29
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 30
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 28

rvrtrash

Mine's a J code, auto with air, that is an occasional driver. It's put away, along with everything else, for the winter and will get another carb rebuild this winter.

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 32

Midnight Special

Scratch one Mustang!
My son TJ was doing about 30 mph on a narrow street when a large herd of deer ran out front. He hit the ass end of a big buck, then swerved to miss the others and plowed into a rock. The impact rolled the rock under the car and destroyed the subframe, radiator and everything else you see in the photos... The entire front end to the doors is tweaked with chafing and distortion.

TJ's fine and in good spirits :) Pretty sure the car will be totaled :-(

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0460.jpg
    DSC_0460.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 60

GT/CS S Code

Too bad ...

Oh GEEZ! What a mess! Thanks goodness that he is OK though. I'm sure he'll feel pretty bad about it after all the work he put into that car. I hope he realizes that there are more Mustangs out there, but that HE is irreplaceable ...

Ruppstang

Oh GEEZ! What a mess! Thanks goodness that he is OK though. I'm sure he'll feel pretty bad about it after all the work he put into that car. I hope he realizes that there are more Mustangs out there, but that HE is irreplaceable ...

+1!!
From a old Mustang fixer I bet it is not all that bad. Someone will fix it. I would. Marty

Midnight Special

+1!!
From a old Mustang fixer I bet it is not all that bad. Someone will fix it. I would. Marty

...Yes, Marty and if it were a Special, we would certainly make the attempt. It's just a 'C' coupe that we already put a lot of work and $$ into and was one he was going to sell with the recent purchase of his CS clone. He had two buyers for this one lined up...

It didn't look bad to me either 'til we got it home, The frontal a-frame is crushed w/ radiator support, hood latch and top rail arched about four inches higher plus fenders tweaked in, cracking the paint, etc..., not to mention grille, valance, radiator, fan & pulleys, bumper & trim pieces, etc...

I'm a "nobody" when it comes to frame straightening and don't want that sort of a project anyway.

The main thing (as Al says) is that TJ is doing fine :)

Ruppstang

Tim I understand now that I know that it was for sale. It is hard to muster the energy and dollars for a project that is just going to be sold any way. It is much like my silver car that was for sale that ran through the garage door. I just wanted it to go away. Best of luck dealing with the insurance company. That may be a whole nother story. But they may treat you differently since you insure the whole heard. Marty

aemoo28

Holy cow! Holy buck!

Glad TJ is ok. Could've been so much worse. I"m interested in how the front inside cabin turned out. Did it protect TJ from bruises and bumps? Was he wearing the lap and shoulder harness? I'm interested to know how the driver fares in this type of head-on collision.

(Always the ER nurse, I know.)

joedls

I'm glad TJ is OK.

I'm not sure how close my car is to being finished. The guy that's been doing the metal work has a full-time job. Between that and his drinking the process is going pretty slowly. I spoke to him last week and he said a couple more weeks and he should be finished with the metal work. But I've heard that many times before. Then the fun begins. These are the last pics I have, about a year ago.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Here's the way it looked when I got it over to the guy.

crash3.jpg

And hopefully it will look kinda like this again.

P1000834.jpg

Last edited: