• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Roll call

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Joe, Sooooo GLAD to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and your family. Please call me. Mike

Tim, Glad TJ is OK. Cars can always be fixed or replaced. We can't.

Keep posting folks. I LIKE WHAT I AM SEEING!!!!!!

franklinair

Joe;
Glad to know you're alive & well !!
Enjoyed meeting you in LA a couple years ago.
Love that C/S, and want to see it resurrected.

Neil

joedls

Joe;
Glad to know you're alive & well !!
Enjoyed meeting you in LA a couple years ago.
Love that C/S, and want to see it resurrected.

Neil

Thanks Neil. It was great meeting you, too. Can't wait to get the car back on the road and out to the track.

BroadwayBlue

My CS is down for it's long winter's nap, as is my 96 GT Convertible. :sad:

It's not a daily driver but definitely occasionally driven. Although not so much this year. :sad:

This year hit the NJ show in Butler, NJ and a few big shows, Carlisle Ford Nationals, Mustang at the Beach MCA Show (Long Island, NY) and the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY. Drove to all of them, all 1-4 hour drives.

Didn't get to too many local shows this year unfortunately, just super busy with work and the family.

Car is in nice shape, starting to show some wear from driving it but I'd rather be driving it as opposed to looking at it sitting in the garage.

Time and money have been holding me back from doing a few things to it. Nothing major planned but some freshening up here and there.

Ended up having to flatbed it home from Lake George - started having some troubles on the way home - not sure if it's the Pertronix ignition or the fuel pump or what but wasn't getting gas at highway speeds. Didn't have time to figure it out before it was time for storage so that will be the first Spring project I guess. :cool:

I envy those of you that are able to drive your cars year round or close to it.

Oh yeah about the car...
This is my 2nd CS. I bought my first in 2005.
I purchased my current car off of eBay in 2007 from North Carolina.
I am the 5th owner and it was in California until January 2003 before moving to the East Coast.
The car was in great shape when I got it. Repaint and engine rebuild were done around 2002.
The car came with the original Owner's Manual with the original owner's info typed in plus a California
pink slip and original black plate.

It has the original 289 engine and a previous owner changed it over to a 4bbl.
Prior owners have added Power Brakes, 3" Custom H-pipe Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, a Holley Carb (which we replaced)
and Chrome Wheels with GT center caps.

The car came from the factory with power steering and an automatic transmission.

We repainted and detailed the engine, replaced the dash pad, added a Pertronix ignition and coil and a Flaming River tilt wheel.

Love the conversations while filling up at the gas station ... those are some of the best ... as well as meeting other CS owners. I've only met a few in person so far but a great bunch of people for sure!

Attachments

• Mustangs at the Beach Show 246.JPG
    Mustangs at the Beach Show 246.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

rvrtrash

Joe, welcome back! It's good to hear from you again.

Steve

rvrtrash

Hey Pops. How've you been?

LOL! I was wondering if you'd remember. It's been a rough year, but I'm still kicking. Allow me to be the first to invite you to check out the thread about a possible get together in Grass Valley next year. I'd be great to finally meet up.

Steve

joedls

LOL! I was wondering if you'd remember. It's been a rough year, but I'm still kicking. Allow me to be the first to invite you to check out the thread about a possible get together in Grass Valley next year. I'd be great to finally meet up.

Steve

I've been known to fly, uh I mean drive to Grass Valley for GT/CS gatherings. I'd love to do it again. When?

nates68

Hey Joe, make sure we have cigars to bring to tims @grassvalley.

nates68

Sarge

J code, automatic, driven about 1-2 times per month. Recently my "best friend" knocked the Honda CL 360 motorcycle over into the CS and it put a pretty good scrape down the side of it. Now needs paint, but also needs AC (cuz it's freaking hot here in summer). What to do? Paint then AC or AC then paint? Funds somewhat limited, can't really do both at same time. Advice?

Robert

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 35

robert campbell

a good painter should be able to fix your scrape and blend it in for a reasonable price. Do the AC. Or is the paint so bad you want a total repaint?

Rob

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

J code, automatic, driven about 1-2 times per month. Recently my "best friend" knocked the Honda CL 360 motorcycle over into the CS and it put a pretty good scrape down the side of it. Now needs paint, but also needs AC (cuz it's freaking hot here in summer). What to do? Paint then AC or AC then paint? Funds somewhat limited, can't really do both at same time. Advice?

Robert

Hi Sarge. Bummer about the damage. IMHO, put the AC in. It does get hot in Sac. Unless the damage is so bad you can't drive it, anyone who sees it will appreciate the car for what it is, not what it might look like, Even in Folsom. LOL.

joedls

If you're a fatass like me, then get the AC. If you're a stick, like Tim, then don't worry about the AC and get the paint first.