• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

HappyHour

Hey there...I just checked in to see what was up with the Forum. Looks like you guys are back at it putting together another unforgettable event.

Unfortunately I get back in Oct and Im very homesick for my 68 (a friend is taking care of) and a In N Out ¨double double animal style....ordered in english.

I actually been traveling for non business to Germany Croatia France Turkey Greece and Spain and not one classic Mustang!! Couple of pretty nice sooped up late models though.

Sounds like a great event Tim!! You guys must be a regular fixture up in those foothills with all the pictures I have been seeing.

Talk soon...looking forward to the pictures! Cant wait to see the book as well!!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim can give you a listing of current 'attendees'. I'm not too sure about Donna, but I can tell you that Robert from SFO is not going to make it. He is in Germany right now on business and won't be back until after the event :sad:

So far it's still looking like Cory, Neil, Rob, Renee, Steve, Ron, Robert ("Sarge") and Ralph & Karen Powell. Ron's cousin Roy may be here as well as some other CS folks... Donna PMed to say "maybe, but not likely" due to her schedule.

Problem is - I will be away from a computer from tomorrow afternoon until next Monday. Upon return - we will pull all stops and make this an historic & monumental gathering!

We are beyond proud to be the destination for Cory's first book signing and to again - put some wonderful faces ( and great times:) to the names from this site.

Powell

We would like to make up some engraved name badges for the get to gather. Could anyone here let us know of the names and usernames, plus spouses, to use on the badges for the folks that will be there.

Ralph

franklinair

Renee and/or Tim should know who's coming. Tim's last posting said he would be away til Monday (9-21).

Neil

hookedtrout

Can't help on anyone else but our little family is as follows.

Cory Goulding
Trina Goulding
Jace Goulding

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Hey Cory, how come your wife's last name is different than yours? :rolleyes:

Steve

marie68csmustangs

It looks to me that the last names are all the same - unless there is something that I didn't know. I wish that I could attend this gathering as I am friends with Tim and know Renee (I am close by to them). But, as you all know, I don't have a California special. It would be nice to meet all the other members.

hookedtrout

It looks to me that the last names are all the same - unless there is something that I didn't know. I wish that I could attend this gathering as I am friends with Tim and know Renee (I am close by to them). But, as you all know, I don't have a California special. It would be nice to meet all the other members.

I don't see any reason you have to own a GT/CS to come and have a little fun and meet us, the cars are just something that happens to have brought us together not a ticket to the family. Not my home to be inviting but I certainly could care less if you own a CS or not I'd love to meet who ever would like to stop by and say hi.

P.S. My wife's name had the L and D inverted but I went back in and edited it so it is correct now. Thanks Steve, don't want the wife offended now do we.

Cory

franklinair

I'm counting the days!! This time next week, we'll all be there. (I'm already wanting to pack my bag!)

Neil

pnsy56shop

I'll be thinking of everyone next weekend while I get started on the car, it came on Thursday. I taking inventory of all the parts and going to outline a plan for the restoration. I will post pictures (just as soon as I figure out how tho reduce their size) and let everyone know the progress. Hope you all have as mush fun as I did when I was out there with Ron and Tim.
Joe

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

HEY JOE! SO NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

'Just returned from four days at the national championship air races in Reno. After sorting thru tons of photos and preparing a news story - all efforts will be focused on Cory's book signing and a wonderful time!

Reno was So Cool! V-12 and radial powered warbirds overhead w/ record laps approaching 500 mph in the Unlimited Class Gold race! We even spotted and photographed a '68 GT/CS and one of those $18,000 Shelby golf carts. More on all that later.

Another big weekend ahead with Cory!
:)

Attachments

• 1530.jpg
    1530.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 1529.jpg
    1529.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 1528.jpg
    1528.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 17
  • 1527.jpg
    1527.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1526.jpg
    1526.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 1525.jpg
    1525.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 18

CougarCJ

I am going to do this. Going to drive up on Saturday, staying in Reno/Carson City Saturday night. Drive over Sunday morning.

What is the venue on Sunday? Location and times?

hookedtrout

Awesome!! Coug, I can tell you what my venue is, I'm doing what ever I'm told and then I'm going to enjoy it.

Cory